Our Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine Department has a commitment to the community we serve to promote optimal health and function in individuals by pursuing excellence in practice based on continuing quality improvement.
The department consists of two separated units for women and men composed of treatment rooms equipped with state-of-the-art equipment in addition to hydrotherapy, electrotherapy, treatment for cerebral palsy cases, and a gymnasium equipped with Anti-Gravity Treadmills with Dr Kinetic as well as many other latest advanced machines in the field of rehabilitation.
The department provides treatment based on evidence-based practice and clinical practice guidelines in the assessment, treatment, and education of patients of different age groups (elderly, adults, and pediatrics) with various diseases, and their families, in addition to specialized rehabilitation programs for inpatients and outpatients.
Our physical therapists and auxiliary staff who undergo ongoing training, and guided by a consultant physician in physiotherapy and rehabilitation, carry out the physical therapy assessment and based on the findings, provide the patient with relevant special therapeutic programs.
Our services have three aims: preventive, therapeutic, and consultative.
We provide care for:
- Orthopedic conditions, such as fractures, amputations, and surgery of the spine
- Joint replacement surgery, such as total knee and hip replacement.
- Post-neurosurgical conditions, such as brain tumor resection.
- Neurological conditions, such as multiple sclerosis, hemiplegia.
- Cerebral palsy.
- Rheumatology, such as arthritis, degenerative disease.
- Rehabilitation and Development of People with Disabilities.
- Rehabilitation of the elderly.
- Sports rehabilitation.